1. Conduct yourself in a quite and respectful manner inside and around the academy, be humble.
2. No shoes on the mat!
3. Bow when entering or leaving the training area.
4. Address Black Belt Instructors as “Professor” and non-black belt instructors as “Coach“.
5. Remove jewelry, watches and all interfering accessories before class.
6. No chewing gum in class.
7. No talking on the phone in the main area during instruction – take calls outside whenever possible.
8. Please sit or stand in a respectful manner during instruction: do not sit/lean against the wall.
9. Regarding dojo equipment: rack your weights after using them, bring a personal towel to use when working out, and wipe all sweat off of equipment after using.
10. Practice proper hygiene: keep fingernails/toenails trimmed and clean, gi and other training clothing must be washed after each and every use, and please shower before and after classes.
11. Clean up after yourself in general: take all belongings, gis, water bottles, shorts, rashguards, refuse, etc.
12. If you feel sick, have a high temperature or flu-like symptoms, stay home and notify the Head Black Belt immediately.
13. Regarding timing: allow adequate time to arrive / don’t be late, dress and be prepared for start of class. If you are late, please wait for the instructor to bow you into the class. Arrive no sooner than 15 minutes prior to class time.
14. No guests are allowed without prior approval from Head Black Belt.
15. Train hard and enjoy yourself, but also be mindful of your training partners’ well-being! This is a special place.❤